WordPress plugins help optimize your site. That said, you should know which one is perfect for your website. If you randomly choose to install a plugin, it will affect the site speed. Too many plugins could also jeopardize your site’s security. Thus, checking, updating, and deleting unnecessary plugins is important to boost your site’s speed and performance. For this read, let’s look at the best WordPress plugin to create a Popup form.
What do you require to create a Popup Form in WordPress?
Creating a pop-up form in WordPress is easy, thanks to the availability of plugins. All you need is a WordPress contact form plugin and a simple WordPress popup plugin! This will help you to build any type of pop-up you need for your website – either to generate leads or for a website survey. Both form plugin and pop-up plugin are available in free and premium versions. Depending on your needs and budget, you can choose your preferred version.
1. What is a Popup Contact Form?
Popup contact form plugins allow the users to create popups for the WordPress website. The popup contact form has many benefits such as:
- You can add the text link or the image button link in the web pages that use popup contact.
- The form lets the user send an email directly to the website admin. A separate admin page is available which manages the site admin mail addresses.
- The plugin uses the Ajax feature to submit all the contact form details. It eases the page configuration and is unblockable.
3. How to Create a Quick and Easy WordPress Popup Form
Choose a suitable WordPress contact form plugin to begin with. Free and paid versions are available, but WPForms is the most recommended plugin.
You can create a contact form in a few clicks with the plugin as it features a unique drag and drop interface.
It offers customization options with the pre-built template. Most WordPress users opt for the WPForms lite version as it is free and offers a contact form template with a host of features.
The premium version of WPForms Pro offers customization options, multiform templates, add-ons, and lets you integrate with various payment platforms.
- To install the WPForms Lite plugin, login to your WordPress dashboard. Go to Plugins → search for WPForms → click on install → activate.
- Click on WPForms and add a new option. After which, the plugin will ask you to enter a relevant name for the form. You will need to select a template, of which the most preferred choice is the ‘simple contact form template.’
- Now, add different form fields using the drag and drop builder option. Drag the fields that you need in the form. You can also reorder the field positions for the best results. There is a customization option available.
- After this step, you will need to click the settings option to configure the confirmation and form notification. In the settings tab, rename the form and change the settings option – enable the anti-spam protection for security.
- By default, all notifications are sent to the admin email set up on the WordPress website. Enter any email address you want for your contact form notifications. You can separate each email with a comma.
- For the email subject line, WPForms will use the form name when you installed the plugin. Edit the text of the subject line if you wish to. Now click on the confirmation option.
WPForms use the message as default confirmation in the setup. Your website visitors will see a thank you message when they submit the request. You have an option of changing the message type and redirecting users to another page – once they enter their contact details.
Once all these are done, save all changes.
Click on the embed option, and you will see the ‘use a shortcode’ option in the new window. You can keep the tab option open for the next step.
3.1 Popup Maker for Creating a Popup
Use the Popup Maker plugin to create a popup for your WordPress website.
- Go to the Popup Maker, and on the editing screen, enter a suitable name. Most people add the optional display title.
- Now, you will see an ‘insert form’ screen. Pick a form you need from the popup option by selecting from the dropdown.
- Click on the ‘blue add form’ to add the plugin. A shortcode will appear, which will notify you about the popup.
3.2 Customisation Options
- Use the trigger option for customisation. On the option, choose the time delay/auto open. It will open after website visitors visit your page. Set the five seconds time frame, or you can customize it according to your need.
- Click the add now selection, and it will show all the buttons on the WordPress devices.
- With the display option, select a relevant theme for your popup. The popular lightbox style is the most common theme option. Adjust all other settings and publish the form.
- After publishing, preview the WordPress popup to make sure the settings are similar to what you saved.
To make more forms on the website, repeat the whole process. Customize the settings and display rules that appear on different site posts. It is essential to keep a tab on analytics on the edit page. On the analytics page, you will see how many people view the popup form.