What if you don’t know anything about coding, HTML, and frameworks and want to host a website? It is 2021, and you can make a website without having a technical background. You’ll be able to create a personal website or business website with the tools and resources available.
Self-hosting websites may take time, but they give you good results. A customized version of your website will give creative satisfaction. You also can buy a domain name and hosting plan and then set the website with the help of a set-up guide. But, first things first, here’s a basic understanding of how web hosting plays an important role.
What is Needed to Host a Website?
When it comes to hosting a website, two important things require is a domain name and a good web hosting provider. You need to begin with registering a domain name, which can be hosted on a web server. Most web hosting companies offer a free domain with their web hosting package, which makes the purchase all the more cost-effective. The next step is to choose a hosting type for which you need to consider the factors mentioned here. Read more.
#Things You Need to Host a Website
You need two primary things to host a website – a domain name and a web hosting service provider.
A domain name is an address that a user will type in the browser while searching for your website. It is the best way to connect to the user’s browser sans technical numbers of IP address.
The domain name is associated with the address of the website. Buying a domain name is easy if you know what kind of website you want to create. Make use of HostGator domain coupons to purchase a domain today!
Web hosting providers offer ready servers to host your website and covers all technical resources and tools that a user can use to create a new website. Most web-hosting providers offer easy WordPress setup, which can help you get started in seconds. Buy web hosting now with these HostGator hosting coupons
A. Types of Web Hosting Services
- Managed WordPress Hosting: WordPress is the number one choice for self-hosted websites. Hosting providers offer unique hosting plans for WordPress. They take care of backups, updates, and caching so you can create a scalable website. It is suitable for business websites and blogs.
- Shared Hosting: Shared hosting is the most suitable hosting for blogs and small websites. Shared hosting features are limited, but the hosting plans are affordable and the setup process is simple.
- Dedicated Hosting: An entire server is dedicated to your website. It provides all required resources and advanced tools for server management. You’ll be able to manage your website with little technical information.
- VPS Hosting: Virtual private server hosting offers flexible resources that are perfect to handle the high-traffic surge. It lets you manage your hosting from the control panel and is ideal for big websites and eCommerce sites.
Further reading: WordPress.com vs WordPress.org – What’s the Difference?
Learn more about the types of hosting offered by HostGator by reading this honest HostGator hosting review.
#Some Important Facts
- Self-hosted websites offer features that can help a start-up. Here, you get the advantage of added functions and resources that will help you to scale your website or customise it.
- It is crucial to consider hosting plans offered by the web hosting provider. Unlike a low-quality hosting provider, a reliable hosting company offers all the required features to build and run a sustainable website. They also provide 24/7 support, so if you are stuck with the hosting process, you always have a backup to lean on.
- Once you host your website, you can migrate or move it to a new host. Most hosting providers let you move your website to a different host at any time.